Canoe the Murray
Canoe the Murray is a family founded company built with experience and dedication that comes from many years of kayaking in the Murray River region. It is our aim to provide customers with a quality service in a safe and enjoyable environment.
Canoe down the mighty Murray River and uncover the best part of this spectacular waterway. Enjoy the breathtaking views and scenery the river and surrounds has to offer and have a great time enjoying the great Australian outdoors.
What We Offer
- Large hire fleet to suit your individual or group requirement
- Free pick up and drop off transport from Noreuil Park to Waterworks or Boat Ramps
- Organised trips of various lengths extending from 1.5 hours to 5 hours duration
- Hiring of your own individual canoe for a private, relaxing tour
- Provision of sound and appropriate advice regarding your specific requirements
- Local knowledge directing customers to all of the top locations in the area
- Canoes and kayaks suitable for the water on and around the Murray River
- Canoes of all types catering for the novice or experienced customer
Explore the Murray
Hire a canoe or kayak and explore the wonders of the Murray River, its’ tributaries and abundant bird and animal life. Stop for a picnic lunch on the river bank or you can canoe and paddle the other rivers scattered around the region or discover Lake Hume.
Paddle right up to the Weir Wall at Lake Hume to experience this spectacular sight, especially when the water is being released over the spillway.
The best time to travel down the Murray River is from October to April when the weather is at its best enabling you to sit back and relax whilst seeing how the river has carved its’ way through the impressive country side. At the same time enjoy the pristine waterway surroundings as well as the natural wildlife living among the waterway terrain.
Feel free to take your fishing rod and try your luck at catching a Murray Cod, Trout, Yellow Belly, or many of the other fresh water species of fish that call the Murray River home.
Remember, this trip is not just for adults, it can be a family day out with the kids that is fun and educational, hence we have family canoes available for hire as well.
To avoid disappointment it is advisable to book in advance, especially during our high season or weekends which are becoming increasingly popular with tourists and locals alike.